Friday, March 16, 2007

DEATH!

Doesn't make you wanna read this blog with that title, but that's what's been on my mind lately. There have been many deaths and so many sick people that I just can't stop thinking about it!! First of all just let me say that I love JP and Penny so much and their children. They are such a great family and we have been able to be there for them for support since JP's mom passed away, and family is just so powerful and it is so great how we can rely on each other.!! Secondly, because of this, and because of a man from our church passing away, Merle Johnson, I have been reflecting a lot about my life and taking advantage of every day, because although it will be great to go to Heaven and be with God, there are so many things that I can't imagine leaving behind right now! Since I still am on this earth, cause it's obviously not my time to go meet with God yet, I just want to say a couple of things to everyone. I love you all, and life is so precious.
God brought Alvaro to me for a reason, to be my husband and to someday be an amazing father and I just love you so much Alvaro! You love God, you love people, you are caring loving and always willing to help with anything. I love your giving spirit and I could not have asked God to send me anyone better.. I love you!
I also want to thank my mom and dad and know that you two are amazing parents, friends, examples and I feel so blessed to have you as such a huge part of my life. I think I speak for every one of my brothers and my sisters and even cousins and everyone else, that you two are true examples of Godly people and I just can't imagine life without you two. I love you and thank you so much for my siblings and for bringing us up how you did!
I also want to say how much I love my siblings. Mark, Pete, Blair, Joy and of course all my amazing sister-in-law's, Chels and Melissa and Melissa. I just feel so blessed that we all love each other as much as we do and I love that we all talk to each other and get along, and that all my older brothers have always been there to wach over me. Watching them grow up, and seeing them make their mistakes, haha, I learned from them quick, and looking at them now and who they have all grown to be it just amazed me and I could not be more proud to call myself their sister! I love you guys!! And your wives are so amazing and are all such great moms and I know all my neices and nephews are going to have a great childhood just like I did because their mom and dad are so faithful and love each other so much! I love all of you, and Joy of course I love you too. I loved growing up with you, and I still love growing up with you! I love having you around, to have a friend to talk to about anything, to still have sleepovers with and I just see us growing closer and closer and you are such a smart and amazing lady that I respect so much. I love you Joy, and never forget all those memories we shared when we were little.... I know I never will!!! Kitty:)
I know this is getting long, but I just really want everyone in my life to know how much of a role you have played in shaping me and making me proud of who I am! My whole family, Peterson and Roberts and all my friends are just amazing and I feel so blessed.. That's all I can say, BLESSED!!! My life has been filled with so many good things and I am just such a blessed person, that if I were to die I would leave knowing that people loved me and that all of you would be here to love eachother and take care of each other!:)
I am sorry, this is not meant to scare anyone, I just wanted to talk about what's on my mind.. Life is so great and precious.. LIVE EACH DAY AS THOUGH IT'S YOUR LAST.! love u all
!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU KERI! and it has been so great having you in Winnipeg to rescue me every now and then. And just having someone i know i can talk to. And knowing i have somewhere to go no matter what. Thanks for always being there! I feel So much closer to you already since i moved here and i dont know what id do with out you. I wont forget the memories of course! HOW COULD I? haha we have some pretty dumb ones. Like recording ourselves while we were sleeping. haha..ANYWAYS i love you and never forget that!

Anonymous said...

Love you sweetie. Many people live a lifetime and never reflect or appreciate the people in there lives and around them the way you have.

If fear of the lord is the beginning of all wisdom(understanding of death is wisdom) and yet perfect love cast,s out all fear.
Than death with the lord has no fear if we are perfect in love. We are far from perfect so there may be some fear but Jesus our lord is perfect love and can cast out all fear.

Love you sweetie Dad

2-minute mark said...

things that make you go, hmmmm! It is so hard to live every day like its your last, but it certainly needs to be strived for. Thanks for the reminder, Keri.

xblairx said...

how does living each day like it's your last look? i mean, it's cool to appreciate what you have, but how does that effect the way we treat others, the world, etc...? thanks for making me think chumbawamba. love.